For a little over 24 hours, I’ve been using Apple’s newest wearable device - AirPods. I plan on writing a full review in the coming days so stay tuned for that, but in the meantime here are some first impressions.
- Design: They’re incredibly small and light. It’s easy to forget they’re in your ears.
- They're easy to pair and make it easy to switch the connection between devices. More on that in the full review.
- I’m no audiophile, but they sound as good as the wired EarPods.
- They charge fast. I haven’t used them enough to do full battery life tests, but every time I put them back into the case (which charges the batteries), they seem to get up to 100% before I pull them back out.
- The freedom of wireless buds is great around the house and means I don’t have to carry my phone around while listening to a podcast.
- The range is great. I haven't yet stress tested this, but they were working when I was about 15-20 metres away with multiple walls in between my iPhone and AirPods.
- Have used them during one gym session, and they didn’t fall out, nor did they feel as though they were going to fall out. They’re hardly noticeable once in their ears.
- It’s useful to have an Apple Watch to control the volume on the EarPods without having to use Siri.